Lansing Area Administrative Professional
Michigan Certified Development Corporation (MCDC) is seeking a motivated individual to fill a full-time position as an Administrative Professional – Assistant to the President.
MCDC is a statewide organization that has been at the heart of economic development in Michigan for more than 35 years. MCDC is a non-profit corporation authorized by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to administer the SBA Loan Programs throughout the state. As the largest CDC in the state and one of the largest in the country, MCDC has provided financing to small business owners throughout Michigan, assisting them in growing and expanding, creating jobs, and contributing to the overall economic growth in the state of Michigan.
This is a full-time position; MCDC offers a competitive wage and benefits package including health/dental/life insurance, short and long-term disability,
The Administrative Professional (AP) provides support to the President, management team, and the Board of Directors. AP will assist with the smooth operation of the office and work closely with the entire staff.
- Performs a variety of tasks as directed by the President.
- Prepares and distributes material for monthly Board of Directors meetings.
- Makes arrangements for and negotiates contracts with, a variety of properties in preparation of in-person Board Meetings, staff retreats, national conferences, President’s travel, etc.
- Maintains Outlook calendar in current and accurate status.
- Coordinates meetings and conference calls as needed.
- Collects and maintains record keeping for all invoices and processes payments.
- Reconciles staff credit card statements monthly.
- Coordinates Human Resources administrative duties such as posting jobs and monitoring responses/applicants, communication with applicants, assisting with new hire paperwork and benefits administration
- Works closely with the MCDC Board Treasurer to ensure quarterly review packets are accurate and complete.
- Assists Sales Assistant in daily activities including maintenance of office inventory and supplies, answering phone, handling mail, greeting guests, etc. exercising good judgement to prioritize distribution of messages.
- Maintain a professional, positive image and attitude
- Attention to detail
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Communicate proficiently, both written and verbal
- Ability to remain calm when faced with mounting deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Technical Capacity – must know Microsoft Office suite of products
Classification - Exempt
Reports to – MCDC President
Supervisory Responsibility – This position has no immediate supervisory responsibility.
Work Environment - This is a job located at the company headquarters in a professional office environment using standard office equipment (computer, phone, copier, etc.).
Physical Demands – The physical demands are typical of an office environment but also includes the ability to travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work - This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with additional time (evenings and weekends) as necessary.
Travel – Occasional travel throughout the state with some overnight travel is expected to fulfill the requirements of the position. Infrequent travel outside the state (1-2 times annually) may be required as well.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED required; some college/vocational training is a plus but not required.
- 3+ years of administrative support experience.
- Knowledge of financial industry (banking, mortgage lending) is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of and experience with Quickbooks is a plus.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain clearance from the U.S. Small Business Administration (fingerprints are required).
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MCDC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are treated fairly during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Please submit your resume for consideration by September 30, 2018 to [email protected]